Hanmi Financial Increases Cash Dividend 13.6% to $0.25 per share
LOS ANGELES, July 28, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hanmi Financial Corporation (NASDAQ: HAFC, or “Hanmi”), the parent company of Hanmi Bank (the “Bank”), today announced that its Board of Directors declared a cash dividend on its common stock for the 2022 third quarter of $0.25 per share, up 13.6% from the prior quarter. The dividend will be paid on August 24, 2022, to stockholders of record as of the close of business on August 8, 2022.
“We delivered another quarter of successful execution across the board,” said Bonnie Lee, President and Chief Executive Officer. “The increase in our dividend reflects the Board’s confidence that Hanmi’s financial strength and diversified business model will to continue to deliver returns to our shareholders.”
About Hanmi Financial Corporation
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Hanmi Financial Corporation owns Hanmi Bank, which serves multi-ethnic communities through its network of 35 full-service branches and eight loan production offices in California, Texas, Illinois, Virginia, New Jersey, New York, Colorado, Washington and Georgia. Hanmi Bank specializes in real estate, commercial, SBA and trade finance lending to small and middle market businesses. Additional information is available at www.hanmi.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements, which are included in accordance with the “safe harbor” provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements other than statements of historical fact are “forward–looking statements” for purposes of federal and state securities laws, including, but not limited to, statements about our anticipated future operating and financial performance, financial position and liquidity, business strategies, regulatory and competitive outlook, investment and expenditure plans, capital and financing needs and availability, plans and objectives of management for future operations, developments regarding our capital and strategic plans, and other similar forecasts and statements of expectation and statements of assumption underlying any of the foregoing. In some cases, you can identify forward-looking statements by terminology such as “may,” “will,” “should,” “could,” “expects,” “plans,” “intends,” “anticipates,” “believes,” “estimates,” “predicts,” “potential,” or “continue,” or the negative of such terms and other comparable terminology. Although we believe that our forward-looking statements to be reasonable, we cannot guarantee future results, levels of activity, performance or achievements.
Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause our actual results, levels of activity, performance or achievements to differ from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. These factors include the following:
- a failure to maintain adequate levels of capital and liquidity to support our operations;
- the effect of potential future supervisory action against us or Hanmi Bank;
- the effect of our rating under the Community Reinvestment Act and our ability to address any issues raised in our regulatory exams;
- general economic and business conditions internationally, nationally and in those areas in which we operate;
- volatility and deterioration in the credit and equity markets;
- changes in consumer spending, borrowing and savings habits;
- availability of capital from private and government sources;
- demographic changes;
- competition for loans and deposits and failure to attract or retain loans and deposits;
- inflation and fluctuations in interest rates and a decline in the level of our interest rate spread;
- the current or anticipated impact of military conflict, terrorism or other geopolitical events;
- risks of natural disasters;
- legal proceedings and litigation brought against us;
- a failure in or breach of our operational or security systems or infrastructure, including cyberattacks;
- the failure to maintain current technologies;
- the inability to successfully implement future information technology enhancements;
- difficult business and economic conditions that can adversely affect our industry and business, including competition, fraudulent activity and negative publicity;
- risks associated with Small Business Administration loans;
- failure to attract or retain key employees;
- our ability to access cost-effective funding;
- fluctuations in real estate values;
- changes in accounting policies and practices;
- changes in governmental regulation, including, but not limited to, any increase in FDIC insurance premiums;
- the continuing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on our business and results of operation;
- the ability of Hanmi Bank to make distributions to Hanmi Financial Corporation, which is restricted by certain factors, including Hanmi Bank’s retained earnings, net income, prior distributions made, and certain other financial tests;
- strategic transactions we may enter into;
- the adequacy of our allowance for credit losses;
- our credit quality and the effect of credit quality on our credit losses expense and allowance for credit losses;
- changes in the financial performance and/or condition of our borrowers and the ability of our borrowers to perform under the terms of their loans and other terms of credit agreements;
- our ability to control expenses;
- changes in securities markets; and
- risks as it relates to cyber security against our information technology and those of our third-party providers and vendors.
In addition, we set forth certain risks in our reports filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including, Item 1A of our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2021, our Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, and Current Reports on Form 8-K that we will file hereafter, which could cause actual results to differ from those projected. We undertake no obligation to update such forward-looking statements except as required by law.
Romolo (Ron) Santarosa
Senior Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Larry Clark, CFA
Financial Profiles, Inc.
Released July 28, 2022